I use Canva for all of my graphics. Today I am going to show you how to use it to create thumbnails specifically for YouTube.
- Sign in (create your free account if you need to)
- Create a new design. Type Youtube Thumbnail and it will automatically create the correct size.
- Pick a few templates you like. You are going to customize them for your brand.
- Change the colors. It’s easy to select an item and change the color at the top.
- If you need to upload some pictures of yourself.
- Pick a picture you like to be on the cover. Crop it as needed.
- Change the title to match the title you will use on YouTube.
- Add any other pictures you like. I have been putting a sunflower on mine. I love sunflowers.
- Put your logo on it. Just drag and drop the file anywhere on the Canva page. Resize it and drag it where you think it looks good.
- I like to put an episode number on the thumbnail simply because it helps me stay organized. I do not put the episode number in my title or description on YouTube.
I hope this will help guide you through the process of creating graphics with Canva. It’s a user-friendly program. Let me know if you have any questions about it.