It seems like everyone has a pop-up on their websites these days. This is all about how you make your own pop-up form.
Steps to Create a Pop-Up Form in MailerLite
- Click on Forms. Pick a template.
You are going to be changing several things about this template to make it your brand, so just something that you think has a good general layout is what you want.
- Change your colors and fonts to match your brand.
I have fonts that I like to use in my TpT resources and fonts that I like to use in the other parts of my business. I could probably figure out how to upload my fonts, but I have found a font I like for most things, like my pop-up.
Once I change the fonts and colors, I can really start to picture how something is getting closer to being a piece matching my business. I find it’s helpful to change fonts and colors first.
- Upload image.
I pay more attention when there is a picture and so do most people. Hop on Canva to make your image. Download and upload it. I use the same thumbnail design that I used for my TpT Resources.
- Decide what fields you’d like in your form.
How much information do you want to collect? Name and email are enough for me. Also, do you want a single or double confirmation of the email sign-up?
- Write any copy that you need to include.
This is the text you write to entice people to sign up for your mailing list to get your lead magnet for free.
Putting Your MailerLite Form on Your Website.
The hard part is actually putting the form on the website. I was lucky to have my husband help me, so now I can help you.
1. Sign into your website as an admin. If you use WordPress then click the “W” icon (it was in my top left-hand corner.)
2. Download the MailerLite plug-in.
3. In the plug-in go to settings then API. You need to get the API key from MailerLite
4. Go to your MailerLite account.
5. In your profile click on integrations (my profile was in the top right corner)
6. On the integrations page you should see “Developer API” copy the key.
7. Bring the copied key back into WordPress. Paste it in the line and hit done.
You’re done. If you struggle with anything, watch the YouTube video again.