I am really mixing up my goals this month. For the last five months, I have had a basic set of goals and it’s been working. My business has grown. I have over 100 resources listed on TpT, I release a blog each week, I have a YouTube channel with over 24 videos, I’ve learned how to create pins on Pinterest, and I’ve started an email list.
It’s time for me to mix up my goals a little bit because I have too much going on.
My June Goals To Grow My Teachers Pay Teachers Business
1. Edit my June blogs.
The rough drafts are done because I batched them. Now I just need to edit them.
2. Finish my TpT membership coursework and material.
When I signed up I committed to it financially for three months, in my mind. If I see great value in it I will continue. One reason I signed up is that I am making enough to cover the cost. The reason I signed up for a course even though I have been able to grow my business on my own is that I want to continue to grow it and with more efficiency.
3. Start a grammar curriculum.
I have been thinking about creating a grammar curriculum for a few months now. I have never liked the grammar I’ve been given to use. It tends to be lots of worksheets, and the level is too hard or too easy. I don’t think the kids learned very much from it. So I want to create my own. I want to create something that is more fun and engaging.
This big project also means that I may not get any lessons up on TpT this month and that’s okay.
4. Edit a few specific resources on TpT.
There are some resources that are up on TpT that need some editing and I would like to get that done.
- I have awesome life skills curriculum choice boards, but I need to fix the SEO so that teachers can find it.
- There are some revision and editing checklists that I think I may have made some mistakes on and I want to check and fix those if needed.
- I have some black history lessons that do not align with TpT requirements. For example, kids can’t act out history, write a journal entry from the person’s point of view or draw a picture of a historical event. I must change these and get them back up on TpT.
- Email List Ads.
I don’t know if I am going to pay for ads or if I will just post from my account and use hashtags, but I want to get my lead magnet out there in more ways.
- Make $100.
I brought this amount down for the summer because sales slow down so much.
- Read a business book or personal growth book.
If I’m growing then so is my business. I have also been able to do this via audiobook which allows me to manage the time it takes.
I know I will be finishing The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg.